Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » custom folder problem
icon9.gif  custom folder problem [message #134691] Fri, 26 August 2005 04:07 Go to next message
milkul
I have created a view and then on it created a custom folder in the admin. edition.
But when I go to the User edition the same custom folder in not available/ visible in the Business Area where I created it in the Administrator Edition.
I have given all the grants & previleges to the custom folder.
This happens many a times.

Please assist.

Regards
-Milind
Re: custom folder problem [message #135046 is a reply to message #134691] Mon, 29 August 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi Milind,

First a small detail: what exactly do you mean by "create a view and created a custom folder on it"? Because if you created a view in the database, then you can create a "normal" folder for it, and if you have a select statement, you can put that in a custom folder. But with a view and a custom folder, you can't have both at the same time Wink

(ok, unless you write a select statement on a view you created).

Anyway,

Does the account that you're using in the user edition have the select priviliges on the view itself? (priviles in the database on the view object I mean, not in Discoverer). That's the first thing that comes to mind, if you're sure that the Discoverer priviliges are all correct.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: custom folder problem [message #135047 is a reply to message #135046] Mon, 29 August 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Oh, PS: in administrator check validate folders (under view) and open your custom folder to check if there are any errors. If not, then select the business area the folder is in and choose "refresh" (under file), to find any differences between the view and the folder definition.
If there are any errors in these two areas, than the folder will not be visible to the end user...
Re: custom folder problem [message #135131 is a reply to message #135047] Tue, 30 August 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
milkul
Thnaks for the reply.
What we have done is:-

We created a View in the database, & grant select privilege for both the editions. Then we created a custom folder in which we wrote a select statement to join some tables with the view.
We have given all the privileges to the created custom folder.

Now the problem is this custom folder created in Admin edition, is not visible in the User Edition. All the select statements are valid.

Please could you assist.

Regards
-Milind
Re: custom folder problem [message #136045 is a reply to message #135131] Mon, 05 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi,

Can you start the User Edition as the administrator user? If so, you can check if you can see the custom folder. If you can see it, it's definitely a priviliges issue. If you can't, something in the custom folder is not valid.

Depending on the result, you should further check everything.

(For example: can the user run exactly the same query as the custom folder but directly, without Discoverer?)

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Parameter passing through Oracle Discoverer Command Line Interface
Next Topic: Discoverer 4.1 - get first date of month using sysdate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 08:14:55 CDT 2024