Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » difference "commit/commit_form"
difference "commit/commit_form" [message #133776] Mon, 22 August 2005 03:49 Go to next message
bhoite_amol83
Hi,
I want to know difference between
1:>commit and commit_form
2:>Call_form and open_form and new_form
3:>up and down

Plz anyone tell me about it.

Thanx in advance.

Amol.
Re: difference "commit/commit_form" [message #133799 is a reply to message #133776] Mon, 22 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Have a look at this Forms Documentation

and i didn't understand your third question.post it again.

--Kiran.
Re: difference "commit/commit_form" [message #133804 is a reply to message #133799] Mon, 22 August 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhoite_amol83
Thanks for reply

Up and Down are regarding block level.
This is like previous_record or next_record.

And i am not getting diff between commit and commit_form.

Amol.

Re: difference "commit/commit_form" [message #133806 is a reply to message #133776] Mon, 22 August 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Commit is a command for committing all the transactions that you have performed.

Commit_form is a forms built-in function to save the data(which is posted during form runtime session) to the database.

Up is another forms built-in function for navigating to the instance of the current item in the record with the next lowest seq.no.

Where as Down function consides the next highest seq.no.

--Kiran.

Re: difference "commit/commit_form" [message #133936 is a reply to message #133806] Mon, 22 August 2005 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Many people assume that 'commit' will save changes that have been made to the database even when no changes can be detected in the form. This is an incorrect assumption. Oracle Forms treats 'commit' as 'form_commit' whereby the 'saving' is only done if the form thinks there has been changes. To force a 'save' use 'standard.commit' as this will bypass the form_status test.

David
Re: difference "commit/commit_form" [message #603906 is a reply to message #133936] Fri, 20 December 2013 04:55 Go to previous message
kashif_khan8281
djmartin wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 17:26
Many people assume that 'commit' will save changes that have been made to the database even when no changes can be detected in the form. This is an incorrect assumption. Oracle Forms treats 'commit' as 'form_commit' whereby the 'saving' is only done if the form thinks there has been changes. To force a 'save' use 'standard.commit' as this will bypass the form_status test.

David

hi david how ru..
i want to ask about Blob, i save i image file in my database with with name and location records. every thing going perfect but problem on list item.. i want to retrieve when i list change 'when-list-changed- select 1 child then show 1 pic and when select 2 child then show other child pic..how its possible i tried with select query ..(sorry my english is not good Wink)
Previous Topic: Deploy Forms 10g Application (merged)
Next Topic: Installing application in windows 7 using Oracle Form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:58:25 CDT 2024