Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error 6502
OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error 6502 [message #133109] Wed, 17 August 2005 13:58
atj333
Hi All,
We are facing a peculiar problem in our system. The sytem is developed in Oracle 8i, and the OWS 4.0 is the web server.

We face the problem for couple of users giving
OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error 6502
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at line 5

I checked in the corresponding package, there is no reason why it should give ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error. All the data are stored in right data type, and also there is no way that there would be storage more than the specified length of the variable.

We just change from GET to POST or POST to GET to resolve this issue. Other than that, we do no do any change in the programs. But this work around work in all cases.

Because the same package executes fine for most of the users. But for few, the above error is thrown.

MY understanding is that,
1) It could be that the data sent from browser could not be recognised by the server (OWS) which causes this PL/SQL Cartridge error?

2) Or the browser does not send the complete information as expected by the OWS?

3) Any patch that would corrupt the browsers?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me on this problem.

Thanks
I have uploaded the html page which gives this problem.
Previous Topic: .jar file access for Reports
Next Topic: Tomcat, Oracle 9i and Chinese Characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:22:15 CDT 2024