Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » How to find out how many concurrent users using web application?
icon5.gif  How to find out how many concurrent users using web application? [message #131353] Fri, 05 August 2005 08:50 Go to next message
fun_kie
Hi all,
I have a web application deployed using 9iAS. I am trying to find out how to find out how many concurrent users are using this application at any one time. According to Oracle there is no way to see this information using the enterprise manager interface.
Does anybody out there know how I can find out this information in real time? Failing that, are there any good analysis tools out there that display usage to the minute (all the tools I have found show usage by hour which is not sufficent for my needs).
Any help would be much appreciated,
Caroline
Re: How to find out how many concurrent users using web application? [message #131389 is a reply to message #131353] Fri, 05 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmmfoo
the conventional approach to that sort of task would be to add session tracking to the web application -- increment an application-level counter when sessions begin, decrement when sessions end, the counter should show the "number of current users" at any point in time.
Re: How to find out how many concurrent users using web application? [message #131445 is a reply to message #131353] Sat, 06 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous message
oraclejo
pls specify what type of web application you refer to.. If it is a J2ee application deployed within OC4J componenet then Oracle Enterprise Manager can show you number of session being opened. Remeber that the session concept within Web application frame work does not coinside database session concept. The USER deos not sustain a connection within Web Application, otherwise web application cannot be scalable. you connect when service is required and disconnect otherwise.

Ammar Sajdi

www.e-ammar.com

Amman

Ammar Sajdi
Previous Topic: Jinit
Next Topic: logging windows vs. Unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:38:52 CDT 2024