Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Security Oracle when use with internet
Security Oracle when use with internet [message #125987] Thu, 30 June 2005 06:37 Go to next message
bluebeta
Hi,

We have 1 application that use the oracle 9i database. now we want to take out the registration module and translate it into web module that can be accessed through the internet.the web module may need to use the MySQL as a database.

So, our concern now is the security. We suggest to use the same database for the web module. But the client scared that if the web module directly connect to the oracle databse server, then the oracle server may be accessed by unauthorised internet user through the web module. Is it possible to happen? Please give me some advice on this matter?

Then they suggest to use the MySQL and then push the data to oracle databse using REPLICATION. So, is it possible to do replication between MySQL and Oracle database? Is it the replication module is an independent module and need to purchase or come with the database?

Can give me some suggestions or advice regarding this matter. Or provide me some others alternative way. I really need some help.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Best Regard,
Andrene
Re: Security Oracle when use with internet [message #138504 is a reply to message #125987] Thu, 22 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Well most of company are using MySQL with php when it comes to web... and to be very honest php is strong to do hacking Very Happy.....

but as per oracle....if your case is consider than appication will access the data with username and password in application code connection string ..this usere in application code connection string is the user of database this user will only able to access data pertaining to his schema not the data on other schema of database.

Now can u tell me how other unauthorised user can access the data from database who is not the user of database...

For your understanding for using oracle Data base for web based application consider 3 machine(three-tire)

Machine A is where the application resides
Machine D where database (i.e. oracle) resides
Machince C From where user or client will access the application ..

Remember one thing user will access the application on server A which contain your code of application and this application will connect to the database server D. so user is not directly connecting to the database server ok....Wink

I hope this will help you ... and i also hope more people will say there view on this question

One thing more As per my knowledge .....MySql is freeware and Oracle is not free but oracle is more secure than any other database.... Very Happy

Regards
Always Friend Sunilkumar

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 05:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: password doesn't work for SYSDBA
Next Topic: Solaris 9 10g - how to enfoce password complexity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:47:35 CDT 2024