Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle 11i Report Writer Needed in Sunny SoCal!
icon10.gif  Oracle 11i Report Writer Needed in Sunny SoCal! [message #124665] Mon, 20 June 2005 17:45
VanessaRauda
Hello! I have an exciting full-time (perm) opportunity available in Pasadena (Southern California) for an Oracle 11i Report Writer with Cognos experience. Any interested parties, please e-mail me ASAP for further details. Thank you!!!

Job Description
The right person will have Oracle 11i Report Writer experience as well as Cognos experience. This company recently bought other entities and is trying to integrate/convert their old systems to Oracle 11i. Those systems include anything from Lawson Financials to Hyperion to proprietary systems, but you don’t have to have that experience. Those systems are running concurrently as they convert each and every one of them, and the reports are vital to understanding what is happening in sales, finances, etc.

This Oracle report writer will be a self starter and be ready to get to work with two others on your team. They are not looking for just a coder, they are really looking for someone who wants to work on the team and shape the future of the organization. This person MUST HAVE COGNOS experience, and DECISION STREAM is highly desired. You will be involved in the initial development of the enterprise reporting methodology in a newly implemented Oracle eBusiness/Projects environment. The team will work through data repositories to improve performance, how to set up a reporting environment in a production system and defining usage of Discoverer, and Oracle Reporting to the user community.

Required Skills:
o Oracle Report Writing skills
o COGNOS
o Knowledge of deployment and use of web-based reporting tools and web-based information access.
o Core competency in designing Oracle reporting environments, including data marts, materialized views, store procedures and can also write reports
o Experience with materialized views, reporting databases, PL/SQL, SQL etc a must - this is most important!
o The correct candidate with have experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite/Oracle Projects modules is extremely critical.
o Self-sufficient person, help improve the current reports. Lead the design work and be fluent in the Oracle 11i architecture stack.
o Demonstrated systems analysis skills.
Pluses:
o Some experience with the apps would be very helpful - Project Acctg, Finance, HR, and Crystal would helpful.
o DECISION STREAM
Previous Topic: report displaying blank page
Next Topic: How to invoke DB2 Stored Procedure from Oracle Reports 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:30:55 CDT 2024