Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms
Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #123665] Tue, 14 June 2005 06:12 Go to next message
erfanhanif

Hi,

I want to connect a biometric device with my system, through serial port / parallel port. And want to permit only valid users to the system.

How can i do that ?
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #124029 is a reply to message #123665] Wed, 15 June 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If the device can be plugged between the keyboard and the PC then Oracle Forms can handle it eg bar-code reader, if not then you will have to search the main Oracle sites or google it. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a couple of days searching and a bit of lateral thinking (or a synonyms list) to find information. Have you contacted the supplier or manufacturer of the device? Can you think of alternate devices and searched on their name / equipment? Can you communicate with it via Java? Can you get it to simulate a flat file and read it using utl_file or text_io? Does it come with a 'dll' which can be talked to using ora_ffi?

David

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 20:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #489480 is a reply to message #123665] Mon, 17 January 2011 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allianz2010

Asalamualikum Erfan Hanif Saaab...

will you solve your problem.. ??
Will you communicate form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms??

Regards
Waqas Mehmood
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #489969 is a reply to message #489480] Thu, 20 January 2011 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
hi dear if u sttil have'nt solved your problem tell me i can solve your problem i have already acomplished this task

thanks
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #489970 is a reply to message #489969] Thu, 20 January 2011 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Good luck in reviving a topic of over 5 and a half years old. Don't hold your breath for an answer.

MHE
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490085 is a reply to message #489969] Thu, 20 January 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allianz2010

Thanks for your reply... owais baba...

please brother send me .fmb file.... I'll be very great full to you...

Regards..
Waqas Mehmood
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490239 is a reply to message #490085] Sat, 22 January 2011 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
hi

no need for thanks just tell me your whole senario thn i will send u the source code

this is your email: whfamily2006@gmail.com

thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 14:20]

Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490303 is a reply to message #490239] Sun, 23 January 2011 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allianz2010

i m working in school Based system...
and i want to Communicate form Serial/Parallel port via Oracle Forms, to connect with mobile device.. for sending sms, through my database....

Regards...
Waqas Mehmood...
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490508 is a reply to message #490303] Tue, 25 January 2011 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
There is a Way to send Message From Oracle Database Server to Mobile Device.One Way is to Send Email using Oracle SMTP Package - [UTL_SMTP].Mostly Cellular Service Providers give the Facility to their users to Recieve Email on Post-Paid Connections.{Mobile_No@Service_Provider_Domain.com} is the E-Mail Address for Post-Paid Connection Holder.e.g. +923003338669@mobilinkgsm.com. In this Way, Install/Configure Oracle Database 8.x/9.x/10.x and Create a Package.http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/maildemo_sql.txtBEGIN demo_mail.mail(sender => 'Me <me@some-company.com>',recipients => 'Someone <Mobile_No@Celluler_Service_Provider_Domain.com>',subject => 'SMS From Oracle Database Server',message => 'Hi! This is a test Message.');END;/Second Way is to Send SMS Using GSM Modem/Mobile Phone & its Supporting Software/Utility.There are many software/utilities/Tools which can do this, but here i am using a free project.In this Way, Install/Configure:* Red Hat Linux Operating System* Oracle Database 8i/9.x/10.x* gnokii - For Nokia Mobile PhoneDownload : http://gnokii.org/download/gnokii/0.6.x/gnokii-0.6.2.tar.gzInstall : http://urtica.linuxnews.pl/~pkot/gnokii/gnokii.html#ch1 SampleFile: http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/gnokii/gnokii/Docs/sample/gnokiirc?rev=1.22User Guide: http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/User%27s_Guide* Nokia Mobile Phone With Data Cable - http://www.gnokii.org/cables.shtmlTry to Send SMS Using the Command.Waseem$ echo "This is a test SMS using gnokii-Linux..." | gnokii --sendsms +923003338669Note : Message Length = 160 Characters.It Will Take 30 - 40 Seconds and will send the SMS to the desired Number.To Test & Configure it in Oracle Database, you have to Create a Java Class.http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/ShellCommandsFromPLSQL.phpSET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000CALL DBMS_JAVA.SET_OUTPUT(1000000);BEGINHost_Command (p_command => 'echo "This is a test SMS from Oracle Database." | gnokii --sendsms +923003338669');END;/I have tried it on Nokia 6030 and its Working.Best RegardsMuhammad Waseem otmail.com ยท
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490510 is a reply to message #490508] Tue, 25 January 2011 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
and here is a pkg to send sms

PACKAGE sms IS

procedure SetServer (v_server varchar);
procedure SetPort (v_port number);
procedure SetUser (v_user varchar) ;
procedure SetPassword (v_password varchar);
procedure login;
procedure SendMsg(v_msg varchar,v_num number,v_lang number, v_company varchar, v_date varchar);
procedure logout;
END;

----------------------------------------------------------
PACKAGE BODY sms IS

sms_lhandle Ora_Ffi.Libhandletype ;

SetServer_fhandle Ora_Ffi.Funchandletype ;
Setport_fhandle Ora_Ffi.Funchandletype ;
Setuser_fhandle Ora_Ffi.Funchandletype ;
SetPassword_fhandle ora_ffi.Funchandletype;
login_fhandle ora_ffi.Funchandletype;
SendMsg_fhandle ora_ffi.Funchandletype;
logout_fhandle ora_ffi.Funchandletype;

procedure ff_SetServer(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype, v_server varchar);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_SetServer, 11265);

procedure ff_setPort(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype, v_port number);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_setPort, 11265);

procedure ff_setUser(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype, v_user varchar);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_setUser, 11265);

procedure ff_setPassword(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype, v_password varchar);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_setPassword, 11265);

procedure ff_login(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_login, 11265);

procedure ff_send_msg(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype,v_msg varchar,v_num number,v_lang number, v_company varchar, v_date varchar);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_send_msg, 11265);

procedure ff_logout(fhandle ora_ffi.funchandletype);
PRAGMA interface(C, ff_logout, 11265);

-----------------------------------------------------------------------procedures

procedure SetServer (v_server varchar) IS
BEGIN
ff_SetServer(SetServer_fhandle,v_server) ;
END SetServer;

procedure setPort (v_port number) IS
BEGIN
ff_setPort(setPort_fhandle,v_port) ;
END setPort;

procedure setUser (v_user varchar) IS
BEGIN
ff_setUser(setUser_fhandle,v_user) ;
END setUser;

procedure setPassword (v_password varchar) IS
BEGIN
ff_setPassword(setPassword_fhandle,v_password) ;
END setPassword;

procedure login IS
BEGIN
ff_login(login_fhandle) ;
END login;

procedure SendMsg (v_msg varchar,v_num number,v_lang number, v_company varchar, v_date varchar) IS
BEGIN
ff_send_msg(SendMsg_fhandle,v_msg ,v_num,v_lang, v_company, v_date);
END sendmsg;

procedure logout IS
BEGIN
ff_logout(logout_fhandle) ;
END logout;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
begin

sms_lhandle := Ora_Ffi.Load_Library('C:\', 'SmsPro.dll');

SetServer_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'SetServer', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (SetServer_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_char);

SetPort_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'SetPort', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (SetPort_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_Int);

SetUser_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'Set_User', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (SetUser_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_char);

SetPassword_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'SetPassword', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (SetPassword_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_char);

login_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'login', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);

Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (login_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_char);

SendMsg_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'SendMsg', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);

Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter (SendMsg_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_Char);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter(SendMsg_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_int);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter(SendMsg_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.c_int);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter(SendMsg_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.c_char);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter(SendMsg_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.c_char);

logout_fhandle := Ora_Ffi.Register_Function(sms_lhandle, 'logout', Ora_Ffi.C_Std);
Ora_Ffi.Register_Parameter(logout_fhandle,Ora_Ffi.C_char);
EXCEPTION
WHEN Ora_Ffi.Ffi_Error THEN
/* print error message */
message(tool_err.message);
message(tool_err.message);
tool_err.pop;

END;

Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #490618 is a reply to message #490510] Wed, 26 January 2011 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allianz2010

thanks for send code.....

but if u have .fmb file then please send me... i'll be very great full to you....

Regards..
Waqas Mehmood
icon4.gif  Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #501894 is a reply to message #123665] Fri, 01 April 2011 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rane_sarita333
Hiii

I also want to communicate with serial port.
I have Thermal printer attached.My problem is that , I want to report to be printed directly , instead of generating PDF report.

As I read on net , Thermal printer comm. at serial port , so data can be send at serial port to printed.

But I don't know how to do this with oracle from 10g

My E-mail : rane_sarita333@yahoo.co.in
Thanks
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #512006 is a reply to message #501894] Thu, 16 June 2011 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratappv
Hi,
Can anybody please send me the .fmb file or code for this requirement on pratappv@gmail.com or pratapvaikunthe@yahoo.co.in

Thanking you in advance
Pratap
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #512009 is a reply to message #512006] Thu, 16 June 2011 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Locked before it turns to a "me too" one.

Regards
Michel
icon4.gif  Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #537847 is a reply to message #123665] Sun, 01 January 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syedmsalman

Hi everyone.

I am facing with a problem, making point of sale system
using Oracle Forms 6i,and Oracle Database10g,windows xp,

don't know how to connect and communicate bank card terminal, customer display and print in two printers. and also need comport works.

anyone can give me sample in .fmb
my email address: syedmsalman@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #547174 is a reply to message #123665] Tue, 13 March 2012 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siddesh70

hi people

i have a project in which my rfid reader should send a code to oracle in a form field automatically.

plzz help.....
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #547246 is a reply to message #547174] Tue, 13 March 2012 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king

An RFID reader is a device that is used to interrogate an RFID tag. The reader
has an antenna that emits radio waves; the tag responds by sending back its data. Am i right can you tell us the whole scenario what exactly is you project.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2012 09:44]

Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #561159 is a reply to message #547246] Thu, 19 July 2012 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moohen83

hi, im also having the same problem. currently im working with oracle Form 6i/ Database 10g. i would like to integrate a RFID reader with my current system using USB interface. The purpose of the reader is to read RFID Tag and display the Tag ID into the newly created field. how to integrate rfid device with oracle form 6i ?
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #565148 is a reply to message #561159] Fri, 31 August 2012 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CH.FOZAIB@YAHOO.COM
I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE THREE MONTHS
IF YOU WANT TO TANKE MY HELP SEND HERE SOME PICTURE SAMPLES OR FMB IF POSSIBLE
I AM SUCCESSFULLY MAKE FORM THAT CAM GET VALUE FROM CONNECTED MICRO SCALE
Re: Communication form Serial / Parallel port via Oracle Forms [message #643327 is a reply to message #565148] Mon, 05 October 2015 03:13 Go to previous message
ranaiar@gmail.com
Dear Sir
can you share fmb file. I need it.
thanks.
Previous Topic: LOV with more than one child value issue
Next Topic: simple calculator in oracle form builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:51:15 CDT 2024