Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Error running Forms 10g on OC4J
Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #123258] Fri, 10 June 2005 17:01 Go to next message
jdeponte
Hi everyone,

I installed Oracle DB 10g and Developer Suite 10g (did not install Ap. Server) at the same machine (different homes), everything seemed to be OK, I use sqlplus with no problems, then I did this:

1) Created a table with just one field
2) Created a test form with Forms 10g using wizard with just that table and that field (I connect to oracle with no problems on forms builder)
3) Started OC4J Instance
4) When I run the form, it opens Internet explorer then shows Oracle application server forms service, but with this message ORA-12560 TNS: Protocol Adapter error, I click OK and ask me for a user and password, but the same error!!

IS there any configuration that I have to do on OC4J?? Why I can connect to oracle from sqlplus, enterprise manager and so, but it fails running forms, specifically when open OC4J???

Thanks in advance

Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #123286 is a reply to message #123258] Sat, 11 June 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Have you set both TNSNAMES.ORA files? As the Oracle client and developer install in their own ORACLE_HOMES you'll have to set up each ORACLE_HOME. The easiest way is to locate the one in the developer suite's home and just put "IFILE=_the_location_of_the_other_tnsnames.ore_file". That way, you only need to modify one.

MHE
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #128819 is a reply to message #123258] Wed, 20 July 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sayoola
Hi,

Please have you been able to solve the above problem. I have just installed Developer suite 10g and everything works fine except for the above error when i try to run forms.

Yours anxiously
Stella
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #128820 is a reply to message #128819] Wed, 20 July 2005 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdeponte
I really don`t remember how it was solved, but I think it failed because when I started TNS Listener and all the Oracle Proccess with Internet conection on, my ISP asign a random IP address to my PC and this made fail the conection between forms and Oracle.
My suggestion is turn off your Internet connection and then restart oracle procceses.

I will try to remember about this, please try with this and let me know!

J.
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #129192 is a reply to message #128820] Fri, 22 July 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sayoola
nope this does not work at all
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #129821 is a reply to message #128820] Tue, 26 July 2005 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sayoola
The error still persists, i am beginning to wonder whether anyone can solve this one.

Thanks for your help though.
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #129822 is a reply to message #123286] Tue, 26 July 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sayoola
Hi,

Although i have been an oracle programmer for 9 years installation of oracle has always been a major headache. So feedback should take into consideration the fact that i am a layman when it comes to installation and database i know nothing.

- I have installed Oracle Developer suite 10g
- This does not have a starter database, so i installed Oracle Database 10g seperately which set me up with a database with the likse of user Scott, etc and all the sample tables, EMP, DEPT, etc.
- I can connect to the database via SQL, FORMS 10g, with absolutely no problem or any other tools for that matter.
- However anytime I try to run the forms using JInitiator i get the above message ORA-12560 TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTOR ERROR. This problem has baffled me and i have tried all sorts of things to no avail.

So I intend trying to put this line as follows:

IFILE=_the_location_of_the_other_tnsnames.ore_file

in the tnsnames.ora file in the devsuite directory, maybe it will solve the problem.

Just cross checking that i understand what i should be doing and also trying to find out if there is any other information you can give me.

Cheers
Stella
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #187700 is a reply to message #123258] Tue, 15 August 2006 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snehaps
Hi,

I am facing the same problems.
Did this solution work?
Did you find any solution for this?
If yes could you please help me out?
I tried copying the .ora files in the network/admin folder of database to devsuite's network/admin.
That didn't help.

Thanks and Regards,
Sneha
Re: Error running Forms 10g on OC4J [message #192372 is a reply to message #187700] Tue, 12 September 2006 01:35 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

U have 2 installations of Oracle on Same computer one for Developer/Builder and one for Oracle Application Server.

In application Server's home TNSNAMES.ORA add an alias for ur database that is residing on Same computer. Just do that. r give username/password@<hostname>.
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps Server Costs
Next Topic: The requested URL /servlets/oracle.jsp.JspServlet was not found on this server. Urgent Please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:59:46 CDT 2024