Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports & forms  () 1 Vote
Reports & forms [message #120734] Mon, 23 May 2005 07:28 Go to next message
jonmich005
I have an application, where you can fill in data from sevral vehicles.
Now when I press a button I need my application to amek a report.
I have made my reports in Oracle reports, but It shows all vehicles. Not only thevehicle on which I was working in my oracle application.
I know I need to do this by parameters but can anyone explain me how I need to do this?

greetings

Jonas
Re: Reports & forms [message #120908 is a reply to message #120734] Tue, 24 May 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'vehicle'. But in order to call a report from forms, you need to create a parameter list and pass these values to the report. In order to proceed further you need to post:

Oracle Forms Version
Oracle Database Version
Oracle Reports Version
Your implementation environment (do you use self-service?  the ERP modules for Oracle Applications?  Are you strictly client/server?).
The goal you are trying to accomplish.  Are you trying to filter data?  Group data?  Make changes to the report layout?

Talk to you soon,
Steve
Re: Reports & forms [message #120956 is a reply to message #120734] Wed, 25 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonmich005
I'm using oracle and reports 6i.
The goal is to filter my data.
I'm client/server.

What I mean with vehicle is:

I have an application that handles hundreds of vehicles, and I can adjust the data of each vehicle.
Now I need to print the report of the vehicle from which I adjusted the data.

Can you help me?
Re: Reports & forms [message #121339 is a reply to message #120734] Fri, 27 May 2005 13:04 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Ahh I see. Can you describe to me the table that holds the vehicle data? Is this a custom table that you made? Could you also post the SQL used to generate the report (the one that shows all vehicles)?

When you say 'the vehicle I was working on in Oracle Applications', what exactly do you mean by this? When you are "working on it" what happens to the record in the table? Is it flagged somehow? Would analyzing the last_update_date table column be sufficient?

We need to know how you can identify the vehicles you want to come up in the report. Something has to be different between an ordinary vehicle and one that you want to come through in this report. I think once you define what that difference is, this will be quite easy.

HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: How to create account statement without using temp. table
Next Topic: Refining query results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 05:40:39 CDT 2024