Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Lock problem without explanation
Lock problem without explanation [message #120610] Fri, 20 May 2005 15:28 Go to next message
vmax
Hi, I have a problem with proc, I have a HP tru64 Unix System (version V5.1 2650) with oracle 9i (version 9.2.0.3.0).

I have a program with proc, this is a migration from oracle 7, and without explanation this program stay lock just before the insert in one table, but in the database there isn't locks, and in the view v$open_cursor the last sentence is just the sentence before of this insert in the program.

In the program I control the signal USR1 (send it by kill utility) with a routine, and if I send a kill -USR1 signal to the program, this program unlock and continue normally and to execute the insert and many others sentence later include a commit sentence.

Someone have any suggestions to try and to solution this problem.

Thanks everyone.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Lock problem without explanation [message #120652 is a reply to message #120610] Sat, 21 May 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Hartley

Hi,

If the ProC database session doesn't have a lock and the session is idle, I would suggest you problem is unlikely to be ProC.

Have you tried debuging the application using Truss or equiv operating system tracing tool? I've seen a similar problem to yours before and it turned out to be a OS library call locking, which was fixed with a current OS patch release.

Is your operating system fully patched for Oracle 9.2.0.3? If not, then get patched.

Kind regards,
Michael Hartley, http://www.openfieldsolutions.co.uk
Re: Lock problem without explanation [message #120733 is a reply to message #120652] Mon, 23 May 2005 07:28 Go to previous message
vmax
I don't know the Truss tool, I'm beginner proc programmer, but I try with this in the next test.

I think the same with about a bug problem with the OS platform, now update the OS.

Thanks

Previous Topic: Using OCI with ProC
Next Topic: OCIHandleAlloc fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:51:34 CDT 2024