Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages
2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #119982] Tue, 17 May 2005 02:20 Go to next message
SRM1
Hello All,

My client requirement is to put the outputs of 2 groups behind each other on 1 report.

Description :
There are 2 groups on my report.I want to print the output of these 2 groups on seperate pages.
So , i put both groups one above the other on the layout.(so that i got the output from the top of the page of the report).Then i set the "page break before" property of 2nd group to 'YES'.With this i am able to print the output of 2 groups on the individual pages. But this is applicable when there is single page output per group.
But if the output is more than 1 page then on the 2nd page remaining output of the 1st group and the output of the 2nd group are overlapped.

Can u give me any suggestions or any other solution to this scenario ?

Thanks in advance ,
SRM.
Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #120017 is a reply to message #119982] Tue, 17 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gokul
Why don't use header section for one group and main section for second group(since your requirement is only 2 groups).

If this is not works well, can you send Report Layout and Query Laout with groups(if possible)
Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #120024 is a reply to message #120017] Tue, 17 May 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SRM1
Thanks...
I tried this header and main sections for the 2 groups. But with this i am getting - first the complete output of the 1st group and then the complete output of the 2nd group. Actually i don't want this.I want the 1st record of the 1st group then 1st rec. of the 2nd gp, then 2nd rec. of the 1st gp and then 2nd rec. of the 2nd gp.....and so on.
Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #120130 is a reply to message #120024] Tue, 17 May 2005 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danosw
Are the two groups related?

Is this what you want?
1AAA - group one
2AAA - group two
<new page>
1BBB - group one
2BBB - group two

Try setting both repeating frames property 'Maximim Records per Page' = 1 for getting one page per record.

I think I can help you but I need more details.
What version of Reports are you using?
Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #120158 is a reply to message #119982] Wed, 18 May 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SRM1
hi danosw ,

1. Yes these 2 groups are related means they are based on the same TABLE.Even the inner-groups are also same except the output is shown in different manner. In 1st version(means in 1st group),output is shown as a deatiled amounts (break-ups of the amounts) whereas in the 2nd version (means in the 2nd the group), output is shown as a total of amounts.

2. I want the o/p in foll. manner :

1AAA - group one -- on 1st page
2AAA - group two -- on new,seperate page
1BBB - group one -- on new,seperate page
2BBB - group two -- on new,seperate page

3. My problem is not related to ' maximum records per page'
but i am not able to show the output of 2 groups alternatively.

4. version of the report : Report Builder 6.0.8.20.1

Does anybody want any more info. pls. tell ?

Thanks.....
SRM.

Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #120292 is a reply to message #120158] Wed, 18 May 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danosw
SRM,

Is there one SQL (with two groups) or two SQL (with one group each)? I assume you have one sql with two groups.

Good, we have the same version of Reports.

Try this:
1) Please try, Setting the repeating fames to
'Maximim Records per Page' = 1 for both repeating fames.

2) Set the first repeating fame 'Page Break After' = Yes
and the secong repeating fame 'Page Break Before' = Yes.

Dano
icon1.gif  Re: 2 groups on 1 report on seperate pages [message #121415 is a reply to message #120292] Sat, 28 May 2005 12:38 Go to previous message
narendra09

I think you try this :

select the group frame in Layout Editor then

Select Property Pallate in Right Click Menu.

Then set GENERAL LAYOUT > PAGE BREAK BEFORE = YES
OR
set GENERAL LAYOUT > PAGE BREAK AFTER = YES

Its depand on you.

Previous Topic: Reseting Counter
Next Topic: I need steps to to make an exe file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 01:36:46 CDT 2024