Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Oracle and PHP issue---> urgent help is required
icon5.gif  Oracle and PHP issue---> urgent help is required [message #119943] Mon, 16 May 2005 17:14 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi

Can any one help me out ... my question is in context with oracle and php, my user is trying to connect to the oracle database which is 0racle 10g on linux red hat. some time his site run properly but some time he gets error as below

Warning: ocilogon(): _oci_open_session: OCIHandleAlloc OCI_HTYPE_SVCCTX: OCI_INVALID_HANDLE in /hshome/hsphere/local/home/splevent/thespecialevent.net/dev/dbTest.php on line 7
Connection failedError Message: []

because of this his site is down ... now tell me what should i do to avoid this error so that site should work properly

Your answer will be appreciated

Re: Oracle and PHP issue---> urgent help is required [message #119974 is a reply to message #119943] Tue, 17 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Can the webserver user read and execute files in $ORACLE_HOME?

Is your environment set properly?

ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/10.1.0/client_1
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export ORACLE_HOME LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Have you compiled/relinked PHP with Oracle 10g's libraries?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Oracle and PHP issue---> urgent help is required [message #119980 is a reply to message #119943] Tue, 17 May 2005 02:19 Go to previous message
Donrajah

I am not sure how relevant this link would be for you.Just read this 1 minute back.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/notes/technote_php_instant.html

Installing PHP and the Oracle 10g Instant Client for Linux and Windows

Cheers
DonRajah
Previous Topic: connect to oracle9i to php 5.0 on iis on win xp
Next Topic: PERL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:39:55 CDT 2024