Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel [message #118353] Wed, 04 May 2005 10:49 Go to next message
dn_id
Hi friends,

I have been using one connection in discoverer administrator, discoverer plus and discoverer viewer,

BUT NOW when I want to connect with the same in administrator and Plus it is giving error like :

Authentication Failed.
(Discoverer does not support direct connections to Heterogeneous Data Sources. - ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel )

It is urgent, pls tell me what may be the reason I am getting this error, what is the solution.

Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel [message #118411 is a reply to message #118353] Thu, 05 May 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
realsoft
dn_id

on administrator discoverer you should connect on EUL , but plus & viewer discoverer you connect through the connection u made via Application Server,

so when u use plus and viewer be sure your connect string is right (go to tnsnames.ora and check it )

Or make New connection if the old one not work

hope this help you
Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel [message #118570 is a reply to message #118411] Fri, 06 May 2005 00:30 Go to previous message
dn_id
Hi friend,

Thanks but it din't work,

Actually it happened twice, once I stop all the services and start them again, at that time also that worked.

I think the reason wast the currupt service of discoverer plus.
I found that when I stop all the service/instances and stillthe discoverer services werer running. It might be my fault that I had not stopped discoverer plus properly. I stopped that service after stopped all the oracle services.

But this is my observation, I am not sure this was the answer.

Thanks for the answer, And if you have better one, pls tell us,

thanks again,

divyang narne
Previous Topic: ha......Month name in discoverer
Next Topic: main section and trailer section-plzzzzzzz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 02:19:58 CDT 2024