Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Copy workbook from one instance to another
Copy workbook from one instance to another [message #118041] Mon, 02 May 2005 16:42 Go to next message
klfoger
Hello... I am new to oracle, and I am trying to figure out how to copy a Discoverer workbook from one instance to another.
Re: Copy workbook from one instance to another [message #118145 is a reply to message #118041] Tue, 03 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
realsoft
hi;

1- go to discoverer administrator , then connect to EUL that you want take from it Sheets
2- go to file -- export, save your export file in your path
3- disconnect
4- connect again to EUL you want motion your sheet , via discoverer administrator
5- go to file --- import , chose that file u was exported

after you do that you will find your sheet moved

i hope that can help you

Best Regards
RealSoft
Re: Copy workbook from one instance to another [message #118936 is a reply to message #118145] Mon, 09 May 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klfoger
I tried the import/export through the db administrator, but this just copied a business area from one instance to another. The workbooks and worksheets didn't go with it. How do I get the workbooks and worksheets copied over as well?

Thanks.
Re: Copy workbook from one instance to another [message #119074 is a reply to message #118041] Tue, 10 May 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
realsoft
Hi klfoger;

Please check what i wrote ..

go to discoverer administrator then do Export then Import to the other layer ... not db administrator

i tried these way and work well

regards
Re: Copy workbook from one instance to another [message #119131 is a reply to message #119074] Tue, 10 May 2005 14:45 Go to previous message
klfoger
I think I figured out the problem - I am currently using version 4, which is missing a few key options from version 5 (including some key export/import options). I was able to take a look at version 5 and now see exactly what you were explaining.

Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic: discoverer administrator showing all fields except timestamped fields
Next Topic: Reports 6i execution on Unix environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 04:09:48 CDT 2024