Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Rollback segment error in production HELP
Rollback segment error in production HELP [message #117250] Tue, 26 April 2005 01:05 Go to next message
Anup Pokhrel
I am gettign this error on my production can anyone tell me what to do or where to check for parameters

ORA-01595: error freeing extent (2) of rollback segment (9))
ORA-01594: attempt to wrap into rollback segment (9) extent (2) which is being freed
Thanks
Re: Rollback segment error in production HELP [message #117582 is a reply to message #117250] Thu, 28 April 2005 06:26 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
ORA-01595: error freeing extent (1) of rollback segment (7)
ORA-01594: attempt to wrap into rollback segment (7) extent (1) which is being freed

Two factors are necessary for this to happen.

1. A rollback segment has extended beyond OPTIMAL.
2. There are two or more transactions sharing the rollback segment at the time of the shrink.

What happens is that the first process gets to the end of an extent, notices the need to shrink and begins the recursive transaction to do so. But the next transaction blunders past the end of that extent before the recursive transaction has been committed.

The preferred solution is to have sufficient rollback segments to eliminate the sharing of rollback segments between processes. Look in V$RESOURCE_LIMIT for the high-water-mark of transactions. That is the number of rollback segments you need. The alternative solution is to raise OPTIMAL to reduce the risk of the error.

Source: http://www.lazydba.com/oracle/0__52683.html
Previous Topic: Script needed ---- URGENT Please HELP
Next Topic: V$SYSSTAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:53:09 CDT 2024