Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer and OFA
Discoverer and OFA [message #116828] Fri, 22 April 2005 08:01 Go to next message
vbharati
What is the difference between OFA and Discoverer?
Is OFA 2 dimensional like Cognos Imprompte and Discoverer a cube based tool like PowerPlay?

thank you
Re: Discoverer and OFA [message #118635 is a reply to message #116828] Fri, 06 May 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Almost correct, it's the other way around Wink
OFA originally an Express application, now incorporated into BI (and the OLAP options in the database). It's multidimensional and works on Oracle Financials.
Discoverer is a general reporting & analysis tool, so not tied to Financials or any other application. However, there is a standard Discoverer part that comes with Oracle Applications.

Very short answer, but if you need to know more, ask...
Re: Discoverer and OFA [message #150156 is a reply to message #118635] Tue, 06 December 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
cgochena
My name is Christa and I work for an IT Solutions company in the US. I came across a message you had posted out there on Oracle FAQ about Oracle Express. Its seems you have at least knowledge of, it not a background in Express and OFA. I actually have a position I am trying to fill right now with one of my customers in this area and was wondering if you might be interested in hearing more about it. If so, please call or email me at

cgochena@teksystems.com

If you are not interested, please let me know if you know anyone who might be. Thanks so much for your time!
Previous Topic: Reports 10G
Next Topic: Page Numbering Problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 02:26:30 CDT 2024