Home » Server Options » Replication » hard time with ORA-23308 in multimaster rep
icon13.gif  hard time with ORA-23308 in multimaster rep [message #116644] Thu, 21 April 2005 02:16 Go to next message
kifwet
Hi everybody,
I am using OEM-Replication Manager to replicate two Oracle817 databases.I did the following:
1\I have created the same oracle user schema in both databases.
2\create databases links in both databases.
3\made the necessary configuration in the init files for both DB.
4\both databases support Advanced replication feature.
5\I created a master group in the sourceDB I have selected the needed tables to be replicated.I add the distDB in the master sites page(use existing object check-box checked).creation.....
6\After the creation of the master group I found that most of the tables I have selected had the status "valid" and generation status: "GENERATED".but for some others:"need generation".
7\I tried to launch manually by "Generate Replication Support".
8\And then boom the error message for all tables:
ORA-23308: object UMG.SCAL_CURVE_DATA_SET does not exist or is invalid
note:these tables exists in both sourceDB and distDB and are valid database objects.
9\I tried to remove these tables from the master group and then to put them back.It did not help.

Please, what can be the reason?, what is the solution?, Id id something wrong?
Thanks and Cheers,
Tewfik

Re: hard time with ORA-23308 in multimaster rep [message #117124 is a reply to message #116644] Mon, 25 April 2005 05:08 Go to previous message
kifwet
Dear All,
When trying to generate the Rep support, I said in my last email it has not been generated correctly, and it seems like it in relation with on delete cascade foreign key in the tables.
Please, is anybody could confirm this assemption?
what are the problems related to the delete on cascade keys?, thought it was an issue related to the delete only ?, isn't it?, not to the rep generation support for objects?
Please, advise.
cheers,
Tewfik
Previous Topic: Is DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH checks the status of mview?
Next Topic: OID sync with openLDAP.. POSSIBLE??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:01:55 CDT 2024