Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Handling of columns in Discoverer ?
Handling of columns in Discoverer ? [message #116319] Tue, 19 April 2005 08:02 Go to next message
dn_id
Hi friends,

I am using oracle discoverer to generate reports.

When I created the graph, discoverer by default take all the columns of the report.

In fact I want to remove the last column which is total of all other columns from my graph ?

Can anyone pl tell me the handling of columns in Discoverer Graph ?
Re: Handling of columns in Discoverer ? [message #116741 is a reply to message #116319] Thu, 21 April 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi dn_id,
As far as I know, Discoverer always puts all the data in the graph. So, maybe you can create a second sheet without the sum and put the graph there?
Regards,
Sabine
Re: Handling of columns in Discoverer ? [message #116823 is a reply to message #116741] Fri, 22 April 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dn_id
Thanks,

I am happy as there is someone who can understand my problem.

I converted column for total value into the string in my query so that discoverer consider it as string data and not include in graph,

In more in next graph i have to show data columns as Bar type and total value as Line Type. i did it successfully with Combination type of Graph.

My intesion is to show data value only on line part that is on Total Value only and not on the data column that is bar type.
I found this option is not highlighted. I don't know the reason why I found those part disabled in the discoverer.

Re: Handling of columns in Discoverer ? [message #118636 is a reply to message #116823] Fri, 06 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Not exactly sure what you mean. Are you refering to the option "show legend values", that one is disabled if you're using a pareto style graph. Work around: check or uncheck this option while you selected another style, then select pareto style again... (amazing isn't it?)
Re: Handling of columns in Discoverer ? [message #118876 is a reply to message #116319] Mon, 09 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous message
realsoft
Hi dn_id

also you can go to your Graph then click right click in mouse and choose from the Menu

1- "Edit Graph"
2- on the Tap choose "Titles,Totals,and Series"
3- you will see three radio Button :-
a- Data Only
b- Totals only
c- Both data and totals

so if you wanna just the data without totals your chosse will be "a- data only"

i wish that help you

Regards
Previous Topic: Plz Very Urgent
Next Topic: how i can set My template Default
Goto Forum: