Home » Other » Training & Certification » What is further to achieve after OCP?
What is further to achieve after OCP? [message #112551] Sun, 27 March 2005 09:35 Go to next message
saadatahmad

Hello,
I'm an Oracle Certified Professional OCP on Release 2.
i.e:
I have these two certificatins from Oracle:
1. Oracle Certified Application Developer, Oracle Developer Release2
2. Oracle certified Internet Application Developer, Oracle Forms Developer Release 6/6i
and I got these two in January 2001.

I want to know about some things:

1. If I want to upgrade my certification to 9i, which exams I'll have to take? All the 5 exams ( because I think that my certification has expired) or just one or two?
2. What should be the further study which I can do in Oracle keeping in mind that I'm an Application Developer and want to improve myself in this field?

Can anyone help me with this because there's too much to learn and I don't know from where to start it.
Thanks in Advance.
Re: What is further to achieve after OCP? [message #112739 is a reply to message #112551] Tue, 29 March 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
1. A quick peak at the OTN certification website learnt me this:
You can upgrade from rel.1 to 6/6i and from 6/6i to 9i. It's one exam (Exam #1Z0-140 Oracle9i Forms: Developer New Features)

2. An OCP will not further improve your skills, experience will. In my experience, OCPs were not my major asset on job interviews. If you want to study something, go for advanced SQL or PL/SQL. An application developer should really know the ins and outs of SQL and PL/SQL. Visit the forums (like this one) and learn from others.

MHE
Re: What is further to achieve after OCP? [message #112760 is a reply to message #112739] Tue, 29 March 2005 02:52 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

Thank you so much for your reply.

I want to improve myself that's why I posted my question here and your answer is really appreciable.

You'r right that being an OCP doesn't mean that they'r also going to be the asset of the company. However, in my case, I completed OCP in JAN 2001 and from then untill DECEMBER 2004, I was not attached with Oracle.

Now, I'm working as a Developer and studying a lot because I'm always keen to learn and you'r right that ap Application Developer must know ins and outs of SQL and PL/SQL.

I'm visiting this forum and others regularly and hope it will have a good impact towards learning.

Thank you again.
Previous Topic: I am looking for 9i STS 1Z0-033
Next Topic: academy help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:25:06 CDT 2024