Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Drill Down / Roll Up Problem
Drill Down / Roll Up Problem [message #112211] Wed, 23 March 2005 13:48 Go to next message
eddie_keating
Hi,

I am trying to produce some summary data, but am not exactly sure how to proceed.

Specifically, I have a table containing attendance data for a number of weeks. Part of table is shown below. 1 indicates attendance and 0 indicates absense.

|-------------------------------------------------|
| Attendance ID | Wk_1 | Wk_2 | Wk_3 | Wk_4 | ... |
|-------------------------------------------|-----|
| 0001 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | ... |
| 0002 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | ... |
|-------------------------------------------------|

Each student has a number of attendance_ids, each one represents a particular subject they study.

For example:

|------------------------------------------------|
| Student Name | Attend ID | Subject | Attendance|
| Amberley | 0001 | IS3004 | 50 |
| | 0002 | MM3003 | 75 |
| | 0003 | PR3003 | 60 |

In Discoverer, to create a percentage attendance, I add up all the columns and then divide by the number of weeks.

However, what I would really like to do, is to be able to roll this data up for summary based work and then to be able to drill down as necessary.

Looking at the Video Store Tutorial, Stores were rolled up into Cities and Regionsc, can anyone give me some pointers on how I could roll up my data?

Thanks,

Eddie
Re: Drill Down / Roll Up Problem [message #113184 is a reply to message #112211] Thu, 31 March 2005 07:56 Go to previous message
skooman
Did you try creating a hierarchy in the Administrator Edition? (that's the first step for roll up).
Previous Topic: sys_connect_by_path() not recognized by Reports 9i
Next Topic: REP-1213 and REP-1317
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:24:54 CDT 2024