Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Converting .ogd file to .rdf
Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #112098] Tue, 22 March 2005 23:16 Go to next message
mgole
Hi

I have some ogd files.I need to convert them into rdf.How can i do this.

Also is graphics builder the only way to open .ogd files.Does oracle developer 9i have graphics builder?

Thanks

Madhukar
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #112196 is a reply to message #112098] Wed, 23 March 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I am not sure if 9i developer suite incorporates Graphics Builder. I run 6i at work and 9i at home but haven't completed DB setups at home just yet.

You don't need to convert the .OGD files to .RDF's. .RDF's can incorporate .OGD's via the CHART ITEM in the tool palette. You set the path in the property palette of the CHART ITEM to the location of the .OGD and when you run the report the chart should show up. However, there are some problems with integration between graphics and reports. The height and width properties of the chart are set by graphics builder, not the chart item. The SQL used to create the chart is based in Graphics, not Reports. These are just a few of the problems (not to mention dithered colors, but that is an entirely different tangent)

Also, if you are going to be deploying via WebForms (iAS), then you have to use environment variables based on the SERVER, not the client, when setting the path of the .OGD. I can explain this further if need be.

HTH,
Steve
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #112347 is a reply to message #112098] Thu, 24 March 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mgole
Thx for the reply.

One of our clients is doing exactly what you suggested i.e incorporating the ogd in rdf.But what he wants is to convert a ogd file(which has 4 graphs ) to rdf. He wants to eliminate the ogd altogether.Is this possible.

Madhukar
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #112358 is a reply to message #112098] Thu, 24 March 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Sounds like an odd request to me. I am not sure if you can do this. I have always embedded my .OGD's into my .RDF and haven't had any significant issues. To the best of my knowledge (and thats just about 6i DS) you have to embed the chart file into the report, but there is probably more than one way to skin a cat.

Good luck,
Steve
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #112421 is a reply to message #112098] Fri, 25 March 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Graphics builder is no longer part of IDS. I believe 6i was the latest release. I suggest you read this document:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/forms_upgrade_reference.pdf

MHE
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf & to embed the xml file in chart - developer 10 g [message #119870 is a reply to message #112098] Mon, 16 May 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meenachi
to embed the xml file in chart - developer 10 g
how to do it?? please help me
or
my graph is changing every second. i have to update my graph how to achieve in developer 10g
with regards
mina

blush:
Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #139245 is a reply to message #112196] Tue, 27 September 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parwaz_kamal
Dear Steve,

can you please provide me steps how to integrate graphics on 9i forms ?

thanks in advance.

waiting for your reply,

Parwaz Kamal

parwaz_kamal@hotmail.com

Re: Converting .ogd file to .rdf [message #148992 is a reply to message #139245] Tue, 29 November 2005 07:45 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Well, I haven't done it with Forms, only Reports. And I have experience only in Reports/Graphics Builder 6i. I believe 9i has made some leaps from where I'm developing from!

Regards,
Steve
Previous Topic: shorter url
Next Topic: call descoverer from forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 04:13:56 CDT 2024