Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can we execute SQL having UNION in Discoverer Desktop edition
Can we execute SQL having UNION in Discoverer Desktop edition [message #112050] Tue, 22 March 2005 12:15 Go to next message
AG777
Hi All,

Can we execute SQL queries having UNION, MINUS or INTERSECT operators in Oracle Discoverer Desktop edition using "Import SQL".

I tried a query similar to this

SELECT COL1, COL2, COL3
FROM TABLE1
UNION
SELECT COL1, COL2, COL3
from TABLE2;

it gives the following error "Parse failed due to fatal errors"

If we cannot do this then is there any other way for users to get this kind of data. The queries using Union will different each time like sometimes users may require to UNION just 2 columns, some other times users may require to UNION with 3 cols or more.

The Discoverer version we are using is 4.1.37

Thanks

AG
Re: Can we execute SQL having UNION in Discoverer Desktop edition [message #112762 is a reply to message #112050] Tue, 29 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi AG,
As far as I know, you can't use Union in the End User Edition. However, you can either create a view in the database and refer to that one in the EUL or create a custom folder in the EUL and enter your query text there.
It's not too flexible (different columns each time is not possible), but maybe you should include all the possible columns in the EUL en end-users can then select the ones they need during creation/changing of their report in the End User Edition.
Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Calender controls in reports
Next Topic: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 00:28:06 CDT 2024