Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Executing an oracle statement from mainframe using access manager
icon9.gif  Executing an oracle statement from mainframe using access manager [message #111665] Fri, 18 March 2005 08:59 Go to next message
mandycool
Hi,

I am using the tool Access manager for CICS to conect from mainframes to Oracle database and extract data.
The problem I am facing right now is the mainframe program is connected to Oracle database, but none of the Oracle statements can be executed.Not even select user from dual works.
But Oracle log says that I am connected to the machine.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Mandar.
Re: Executing an oracle statement from mainframe using access manager [message #112558 is a reply to message #111665] Sun, 27 March 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Hartley

Have you queried V$session on the database from another client. For Example, connect via sqlplus on your PC to the database then connect from the mainframe.

Irrespective of your application logging, there is nothing so certain as checking the sessions on the database.
Re: Executing an oracle statement from mainframe using access manager [message #112647 is a reply to message #112558] Mon, 28 March 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mandycool
I have already done that, its works from SQLplus, from batch program, but somehow it wont run thru Online CICS.
Re: Executing an oracle statement from mainframe using access manager [message #112685 is a reply to message #112647] Mon, 28 March 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
Michael Hartley

Ok,

have you confirmed the statements are not executing against the databases? eg. Have you bounced the database to clear the v$sqlarea, connected from the mainframe, executed a number of simple queries, then examined v$sqlarea to confirm they have been parsed and executed?

Are you getting any error messages?

Michael Hartley
Previous Topic: Oracle database migration
Next Topic: CICS and ORACLE (OAM)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:00:51 CDT 2024