Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy
icon4.gif  How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy [message #111218] Mon, 14 March 2005 16:16 Go to next message
iqbhum
Hello

I want to print ORIGINAL on 1st copy and DUPLICATE on 2/3/4th copy of my report. I have used COPIES parameter form values but how to check it in Formted Trigger of Text of Original/Duplicte.

It is urgent and waiting for +ve reply.

Thanks in Adv.

Raza
Re: How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy [message #111306 is a reply to message #111218] Tue, 15 March 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I believe you can reference the system parameters the same way as user parameters. That is to say, if you created your own parameter called 'p_my_parameter', you can reference it in a format trigger as 'IF :p_my_parameter = Y THEN...'

If I am not mistaken you can reference your system parameter the same way. Create your boilerplate text in layout editor (eg you would have two boilerplates one that says "ORIGINAL" and overlap that with another text "DUPLICATE"

For the ORIGINAL:
Format trigger psuedocode: IF :COPIES = 1 THEN SHOW ELSE HIDE

For DUPLICATE:
Format trigger pseudocode: IF :COPIES > 1 THEN SHOW ELSE HIDE

However, I'm not sure that the copies parameter is the correct value to be evaluating for your requirements. It may be, but I have yet to use this system parameter in my reports.

HTH,
Steve
Re: How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy [message #111329 is a reply to message #111306] Tue, 15 March 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iqbhum
Thanks Steve.

But, COPIES parameter values dont change during priting.

COPIES = 4 will remain 4 at the end of report. bcoz my report
is a single page report even if i try to check the value of
COPIES it will say 4. will not change like page no.

Think and plz advice.

Ra za
Re: How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy [message #111340 is a reply to message #111218] Tue, 15 March 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
That is why I said that copies may not be the parameter to evaluate, but that is how you refer to it in a format trigger.

So if copies = 4 and the report is only 1 page (could it be more than one page in the future? - This is really the question to think about) then you would want to evaluate the current page number. If you are printing out 4 pages and every page is the same, then you can reference the current page number instead of copies and apply the same logic as I suggested before.

HTH,
Steve
Re: How to Print 'Original' on 1st Copy 'Duplicate' on 2/3/4th Copy [message #111493 is a reply to message #111340] Wed, 16 March 2005 16:09 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
In order to evaluate the current page number, you need to use the SRW built in this way:

BEGIN
 DECLARE
  l_page        NUMBER;
 BEGIN
  SRW.GET_PAGE_NUM(l_page);
  return(l_page);
 END;
END;

l_page will contain the current page number.

HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: how to prevent report builder from modifying column name?
Next Topic: repeating frames - number of repeats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 00:34:58 CDT 2024