Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i
How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #111043] Sat, 12 March 2005 13:02 Go to next message
del_sandy

Hi,
I need to print report in character mode as well i want to use different font style and font size fot it. What the parameter should i use in PRT so that i can do this. If there is any other way then plz suggest tht.
Thanks in advance....
Regards
Sandy
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #111130 is a reply to message #111043] Mon, 14 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I don't think you specify a font for character mode reports. It's ASCII. If you want to specify fonts, you'll have to run it bitmapped.

MHE
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #111268 is a reply to message #111130] Tue, 15 March 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
del_sandy

Thanks For u reply,

But wat to do when i hav to do tht in character Mode Report.

Sandy
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #111291 is a reply to message #111268] Tue, 15 March 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Euhr..."character mode" = ASCII Print = NO fonts...

Run in Bitmap mode, or change the client's default font....

You do realise what you are asking, right? "I want to open a MS Word DOC file in Notepad with all fonts", that's a Windows equivalent of your question.

No can do.

MHE
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #112555 is a reply to message #111291] Sun, 27 March 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
del_sandy

Dear Maaher,
Well i know tht character mode=ascii print, but its still possible to change font style and fontsize at print. And i hav done it Smile. So i just wana one thing if u cant answer any question then never say its not possible. Every thing is possible but it may take some time.....
Cheers
Sandy
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #112752 is a reply to message #112555] Tue, 29 March 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
del_sandy wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 22:59

...i know tht character mode=ascii print, but its still possible to change font style and fontsize at print
Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you wanted to change the font of an ASCII file generated by report character mode. And that's not possible. It still isn't. Will never be. And I stand my ground Wink.

As for your problem. Create your own PRT file using the info available in your printer documentation (on the net there's also some info).

del_sandy wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 22:59

Every thing is possible but it may take some time.....
Cheers
Sandy
No, it's not. I can think of a few examples. Very Happy

MHE
Re: How to change Font and Font size for character mode reports in Oracle Report 6i [message #112801 is a reply to message #112555] Tue, 29 March 2005 08:17 Go to previous message
tornup

Hi del_sandy,

Can you please tell me what you did to change the font and font size at print, for your character mode report?

Thanks

Nina
Previous Topic: Can we execute SQL having UNION in Discoverer Desktop edition
Next Topic: sys_connect_by_path() not recognized by Reports 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:13:36 CDT 2024