Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » View Reports in Text Format
View Reports in Text Format [message #109979] Wed, 02 March 2005 09:36 Go to next message
mbhavna
Hi,
I would like to know how could one view the output of reports, when report is run from the report server, in the text format ie desformat= text. As far as i know text is not one pf the default desformat.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: View Reports in Text Format [message #109990 is a reply to message #109979] Wed, 02 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rams_india

Hi

I am giving some information abt this.

When running a report with MODE=CHARACTER, unless
otherwise specified the DFLT.PRT file is used to format your report. This PRT file and several others are located in your C:\ORAWIN\REPORT25\PRINTERS directory. (For the
purpose of this bulletin it is assumed that oracle home is set to C:\ORAWIN).The DESFORMAT system parameter is what points to the PRT file you want to use. If u have any doubts send me mail.

Thanks & regards
Rams..........

Re: View Reports in Text Format [message #110043 is a reply to message #109990] Thu, 03 March 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mbhavna
Hi,
I want to know how can u view report on screen (when report is run from report server) in text format, ie when destype=cache. Actualy my requirement is such that i wanna view the report in txt format, so that i can make changes on it and then print it. And this prinout should be the same as when destype= printer and desformat=dflt.prt
Thanks and regards,
Bhavna
Re: View Reports in Text Format [message #110458 is a reply to message #109979] Mon, 07 March 2005 16:01 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
I believe you set this when you define the Concurrent Program in the application. When you say 'from Reports Server' you mean you are running through the web application, not just the report builder client/server mode, correct?

If so, check your concurrent program definitions (you need system administrator responsibility to do this) and on the bottom right hand corner should be output properties. I imagine you are receiving a PDF output or something other than straight text. The drop-down box will allow you to choose Text as an output method. These settings override what you define in the property palette sheet in report builder which would explain why you are not receiving the desired output.

HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: Waiting for processing: rwcli60.exe
Next Topic: editable report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 02:03:45 CDT 2024