Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro
icon5.gif  is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro [message #109739] Mon, 28 February 2005 08:26 Go to next message
ma_rahman7
hi friend

I am working in a co. where i am alone using Oracle & Developer but due to some reason old employees suggested to the Management to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro because they(old employees) only know foxpro & still using it. actually it's a "brain wash" as decision maker are non-IT people and I am a new employee here but mgt. have a blind faith on old employees.

they are ignoring me as I suggested them to use Sql Srvr/VB or Oracle/VB or Oracle/Developer for Application Development.

reg project it's a big HEALTHCARE HOSPITAL IFO.SYSTEM for big hospital.

can it be possible to use Sql Server/Foxpro combination?????
can anyone guide me how it'll possible.

thanks in advance
rahman
Re: is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro [message #109741 is a reply to message #109739] Mon, 28 February 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
As both products are MS, I believe that it should be possible (probably through an OLEDB Provider or something similar).

Have you already checked the MS website?

MHE
Re: is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro [message #109895 is a reply to message #109741] Tue, 01 March 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I really advise you to go to the MS related forums and check out what they have to say about the performance. As this is an Oracle related forum, I doubt whether someone has some real deep insight in this matter.

Good luck!

MHE
Re: is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro [message #110535 is a reply to message #109895] Tue, 08 March 2005 08:57 Go to previous message
ma_rahman7
hi boss,
thank you so much for your suggestion

rahman
Previous Topic: editable report
Next Topic: D6i report previewer can't send mail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 01:05:40 CDT 2024