Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How do i link reports or form to my oracle database.!
How do i link reports or form to my oracle database.! [message #108954] Sun, 20 February 2005 13:34 Go to next message
DooMTheFlame
I am new to using oracle and my new job starts in a week and i need to learn how to use reports and forms.

So i downloaded oracle 10g and installed a database on my pc create tables and etc etc... can use the sql*plus.

So i downloaded developper 10g to start working and learning but when i first installed it it would not install in the home 1 directory and created a home 2, after reading a bit it seems normal.

Ok, so now i start using reports opened it and tried to create a query and connect, then wHaM!!
REP-0501: cant connect to the specified database
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Ok here is the thing how do i setup the things properly so that i can use them...

FROM A POOR NEWBIE IN NEED...
Re: How do i link reports or form to my oracle database.! [message #109038 is a reply to message #108954] Mon, 21 February 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ÇÊ
Uhm...I mean no disrespect, but how in the world did you get a job without knowing the product they want you to use???

So now that I've insulted you, I'll tell you that you need to run the Net Configuration Assistant from the Oracle Home into which you installed the tools. Then, you should be able to connect without any problems.
Re: How do i link reports or form to my oracle database.! [message #111909 is a reply to message #108954] Mon, 21 March 2005 14:48 Go to previous message
DooMTheFlame
Oracle devellopers are rare in Québec city and i got the oportunity and the guts to learn it...
Previous Topic: passing data parameters to reports
Next Topic: AFM Error when print a report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 21:49:21 CDT 2024