Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle
Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle [message #1000] Tue, 19 March 2002 21:08 Go to next message
Luis
I have Microsoft Excel spreadsheets that I need to be loaded into Oracle tables on a regular basis. I saw something about using SQL Loader as long as there is a delimiter. The problem I have is that the delimiter may show up in the data and I thought I read somewhere that the delimiter cannot show up in the data. Will that screw up SQL Loader? If so, any ideas on how else I can load the spreadsheets? Help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Luis
Re: Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle [message #1010 is a reply to message #1000] Wed, 20 March 2002 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THA
Hello
I am sorry, but I can't get you.
you can save excel file as .csv and then use sql loader.
Thanks
Re: Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle [message #1014 is a reply to message #1000] Wed, 20 March 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj
hi
luis,
IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE DELIMITER OF EXCEL FILE .

Thanx
Re: Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle [message #1019 is a reply to message #1000] Thu, 21 March 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luis
In sql loader I thought is said somewhere that the delimeter can not be something that shows up in the data? There will definetly by commas in my data, so won't that mess up sql loader?
Re: Loading Excel spreadsheet into Oracle [message #1041 is a reply to message #1000] Sun, 24 March 2002 21:41 Go to previous message
Srinivasa Raghavan K
Sir,
There is a work around for this. if the data contains commas embedded in them, saving in .csv format may not help. Another way is create a new column after every column and populate these columns with (# or ! or any other delimiter). Then save this file as a text file and this file can be easily loaded as you have a delimiter in your file.
This could be a temporary workaround for you.

Srinivasa Raghavan K
Previous Topic: one stupid question
Next Topic: Executing SQL Statement on ASP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:10:09 CDT 2024