Home » Infrastructure » Unix » TNS-12542: TNS:address already in use --> HP UX
TNS-12542: TNS:address already in use --> HP UX [message #98510] Thu, 09 December 2004 21:52 Go to next message
Martin
Hi there,

we're running a CMS System on Win2003 machines as a web-server. The oracle database runs on HP UX.

We're faced with a broblem, that sometimes some  (dirrerent) contents of the website are not shown. The error is not reproduceable.That lead us to a network problem or an Oracle problem.

When I'm using TNS-Ping (tnsping <dbname> 1000000) with a (huge) count. I'm getting sometimes earlier, sometimes later the following error (after a many "OKs"):

TNS-12542: TNS:address already in use

I've already used google but didnt find an appropiate topic/ solution to that problem.

Re: TNS-12542: TNS:address already in use --> HP UX [message #98514 is a reply to message #98510] Fri, 10 December 2004 07:43 Go to previous message
andrew again
this reminds me of a firewall issue I had where SQL*net (or Net8 or Oracle Net or whatever) passes a new port the client after initial handshaking with the listener. The range of ports cycles through a range. My problem was that the firewall range was smaller than the range used by Net8, so beyound a certain point in the, I couldn't communicate with the listener.

Try increasing the trace level in you webserver's sqlnet.ora and also listener.ora on the DB server. See the log content.
Previous Topic: Unix Query
Next Topic: help me to schedule-cron job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:26:56 CDT 2024