Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Suppress Information on a new page
Suppress Information on a new page [message #97710] Mon, 25 November 2002 13:45 Go to next message
Jen
I have a sql plus script which specifies nodup on some column names. Let's say I'm using a department number for one of the columns. I have 40 records worth of information for department 001 and my pagesize is set to 35. Whenever the new page starts, the first record on the new page (the 36th record of dept. 001) does not suppress the department number even though it is a duplicate. How can I make this 36th record of the same dept. number not print the department number when the information is continued on another page? I know I could simply change the pagesize to 40, but the amount of records will change all the time. There might be 100 records for a specific department.
Re: Suppress Information on a new page [message #97713 is a reply to message #97710] Tue, 26 November 2002 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
You could try setting pagesize 0 (no fixed page breaks), and then set a break on Department. I forget the syntax - but something like:
set pagesize 0
break on department page
Re: Suppress Information on a new page [message #97718 is a reply to message #97713] Wed, 27 November 2002 08:28 Go to previous message
Jen
That seems to work, the only thing is I lose the TTITLE values as well as the column headings when I set the pagesize to 0. I thought if I did a SET TTITLE ON and SET HEADING ON that these values would still display on the report even though the pagesize is set to zero, but they don't.
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle 8i on Solaris for Intel
Next Topic: Export on Sun
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:49:34 CDT 2024