Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Alternative OS (NOT Linux) for INTEL for Ora9i - is it possible?;-)
Alternative OS (NOT Linux) for INTEL for Ora9i - is it possible?;-) [message #97110] Thu, 06 December 2001 13:33 Go to next message
Denys
First of all guys we really appreciate your help in these forums - it keeps IT going:-), really.

I have "the common question" about Oracle.
I have found (it's MY OWN opinion:-)BUT...) that Ora9i at all and OLAP (espesially) are very hard to install and maintain on Linux. (I am NOT talking about NT at all, sorry)

The question:
If I have the INTEL platform (NOT SPARC, on SPARC/Sun Sol Ora9 products work peaches! - everything went smoothly if to compare with SuSE 7.x) - are there any choises for me to use Ora9 products NOT on Linux platform?

May be it's possible to use HP UNIX or whatever (since it has support for new Intel arch)? I suppose that version Ora9 for HP that I can find in Technet for download is NOT for Intel?

Actually I expect some kind of "expert advice":-) about what is the best solution for Oracle 9 on Intel NOT under Linux.

I just really tired to waste time for "keep SuSE going":_) while on Sun Solaris the same product works GREAT! Is there at all distribution of Oracle 9i for Intel Sun Solaris?

Thank you very much!

Denys

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Alternative OS (NOT Linux) for INTEL for Ora9i - is it possible?;-) [message #97186 is a reply to message #97110] Thu, 10 January 2002 04:14 Go to previous message
Stewart F
Hi, Looks to me that the latest version is 8i for Solaris intel. It may be worth posting the quetion on metalink as for when 9i is to be released. If you was to use Linux (which it sounds like you don't!) stick to RedHat.
Previous Topic: Terminating an Oracle procedure from Unix
Next Topic: Re: problem with shared libraries installing oracle 8iR3 on linux redhat 7.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:57:00 CDT 2024