Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Urgent! Can not start Pro C
Urgent! Can not start Pro C [message #93618] Thu, 08 August 2002 00:59 Go to next message
Pegasus
I am trying to use the proc in an unix environment. Everytime I run the proc I get ,
PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2
I searched the system but I could not find the file named pmscgf.h. Do you really think that I need that file? If can someone send me that file and the location to be placed?PLEASE?
Re: Urgent! Can not start Pro C [message #93708 is a reply to message #93618] Fri, 25 October 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laks
Hi,

I had also run into the same problem. After looking at the net and digging a bit more into my makefile, i found that i was referring to an oracle installation in another server where i had no write access. hence the issue.
i resolved it after making changes to oracle-home variable in my makefile

--also go this one from net
Your installation is probably broken in one of two ways:
1)You do not have the correct version of the oracle client installed from
that version of Pro*C or it is in an incomplete install.
2)You are attempting to output the error/output file to a place where you DO
NOT have write permissions. The default directory is where ever the Pro*C
precompiler executable loads from (which may be a network drive).
Re: Urgent! Can not start Pro C [message #93801 is a reply to message #93618] Tue, 28 January 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beaven
I assume that this has already been resolved, but this is how I reolved this problem on Unix platforms:
Make sure that you've set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable and also make sure that you've exported it.
eg.
ORACLE_HOME="E:/rdbms/oracle/8.1.7"
export ORACLE_HOME
Re: Urgent! Can not start Pro C [message #93930 is a reply to message #93708] Thu, 17 April 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathish s
hi
can u suggest me where can i get the pro c compiler since I couldnt get the one .....

please do me this favour as I had to finish up my project with C and oracle.....
Re: Urgent! Can not start Pro C [message #158484 is a reply to message #93618] Sat, 11 February 2006 20:22 Go to previous message
jd_hsu
"PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2"

happens when the pro*C precompiler cannot find the right path to a bunch of files it needs.

for instance $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg is one of them.

The easiest way to have proc working without having to do a complete install is to copy the oracle home files of a server and then set the $ORACLE_HOME variable on the destination computer.
Previous Topic: Access to server from PPC
Next Topic: Linker Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:23 CDT 2024