Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » OCI connection issue...
OCI connection issue... [message #93572] Thu, 27 June 2002 07:30 Go to next message
Chris
In a program I'm making the following statement:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@amdd","s00xxxx","amdd");

On my old PC this statement works. I've migrated to a new PC and now the statement fails as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:1581)

at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:354)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:249)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

at Database.main(Database.java:49)

I have both 8i and 8 components installed on both PCs.
I've checked the tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, and registry entries (for homes) and the settings are the same (same locations and the same contents). The client works the same from both machines. What could I be missing (from a configuration standpoint)? Does OCI have some more specific configuration file(s) or registry entries?

Thanks in advance for your help,

--Chris
Re: OCI connection issue... [message #93648 is a reply to message #93572] Tue, 10 September 2002 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosemary martin
Chris, did you resolve this issue? I am having the same problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Re: OCI connection issue... [message #93782 is a reply to message #93572] Tue, 14 January 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aradhana panda
res sir;
with regds .
i want to know few knowledge about oci_connection .can u help me. i want to grown up my lebel.
thanks
aradhana panda
Re: OCI connection issue... [message #93904 is a reply to message #93572] Fri, 14 March 2003 12:11 Go to previous message
J.D.
I resolved the issue by using a different classes12.zip in my classpath. It seems there was a conflict with the one I had moved from one environment into the next with my deployment package. I changed my classpath to use the existing one in the oracle installation on my machine and it worked. You could try using the new classes12.zip in the installation of oracle on your machine.

HTH
Previous Topic: oracle 32 bit proc on solaris 32bit
Next Topic: Error in Pro*C/C++ Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:49:27 CDT 2024