Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Designer 20 - Server Model
Designer 20 - Server Model [message #90549] Tue, 17 February 2004 10:21 Go to next message
Raj
Can anybody tell me as how and where to add the column comment in a tables columns.

Scenario :

I have a server model( in designer 2000) and i have all the relationships in that.
I want to add comment to each column in the table through Designer.

I dont know where to add this?
Any help is highly appreciates.

Table Name - Employee
Column Name - Emp_no ( Here i want to add the description of the column as what this column is all about.)

Thanks
Raj
Re: Designer 20 - Server Model [message #90551 is a reply to message #90549] Fri, 20 February 2004 11:26 Go to previous message
andrew again
I'm not sure how to do that, but if you have created a schema from your model, you may be able to add you comments more easily by adding them at the schema level and then just reverse engineering them back into D2K. That's what I've done in other tools before because it's much much faster...

Just run these statements, load into excel (so you can sort on column names etc.) then just re-run the statements.

select 'comment on table '||table_name|| ' is '''||replace(comments, '''', '''''')||''';' 
 from user_tab_comments;

select 'comment on column '||table_name||'.'||column_name ||' is '''||replace(comments, '''', '''''')||''';' 
 from user_col_comments;

Previous Topic: Tables and Indexes in Separate Tablespaces - How To ????
Next Topic: for making dadatbase for company which update its name dayly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:24:56 CDT 2024