Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » editable report
editable report [message #90413] Fri, 18 February 2005 00:30 Go to next message
Nasir
My question is not specifically about Oracle Reports, rather it is about how to find a technique to print oracle data to such a medium that is editable. And my requirement is to acheive this at run time, because end users are not familiar with Oracle reports environment. Please give us an idea.
Nasir
Re: editable report [message #110460 is a reply to message #90413] Mon, 07 March 2005 16:06 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
I think you want Oracle Forms or even a simple Java environment (JSP, Java servlets) will provide you with the tools you need. Oracle Reports is just that, it generates Reports based on the query involved and possibly, user entered parameters that can adjust the output. You can only edit output from a report if the output is in TEXT format or if you have a full version of Acrobat (not just Reader), and even then, you can't "save" your changes and have the database reflect them. You can save the text document or print it, but if you need to save the changes to the database, Reports won't help you.

HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: View Reports in Text Format
Next Topic: is it possible to use backend as Sql Server and front end as Foxpro
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 00:13:26 CDT 2024