Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Urgent: An Excel File from Report
Urgent: An Excel File from Report [message #90274] Mon, 10 January 2005 00:32 Go to next message
arupa
Hi,
To the all members,
I want to generate report in .xls format.
I have done it by using the destination file name with .xls extention. But when i want to open it with excel the generated file namely *.xls i have to import it what don't want, and the rows and columns are not distributed properly. What i want is- when i use the .xls extention in the file desname it will generate an actual excel file, what i don't want to import it which is a normal procedure. It'll open as a normal excel file without showing me the dialog box what displayed in time of import.
For e.g.

suppose there is a line in my report
'For the Day Of 11/12/2004'

and the output in the excel sheet is given as follows

A | B | C | D | E | F | G |
--------------------------------------------------
F| |or | The |Day |Of |11/12/2004
Re: Urgent: An Excel File from Report [message #90302 is a reply to message #90274] Wed, 26 January 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit
Please follow the steps:

1. While in the live previewer. Goto View -> Runtime Preview...
2. In the Runtime Preview . File -> Generate to File
-> Delimited .
3. Supply the required paramaters.
4. Give the file name as "file.xls". And your job is done.
Re: Urgent: An Excel File from Report [message #90305 is a reply to message #90302] Thu, 27 January 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arupa
Thanks For your cordial reply.
Re: Urgent: An Excel File from Report [message #90324 is a reply to message #90305] Fri, 28 January 2005 20:22 Go to previous message
Rohit
Well that is ok.
Did your problem get solved. if yes then i am glad that i am also helpful to anyone.
But my problem is not solved yet.
Previous Topic: Reports:Data from 2 databases
Next Topic: printing balance C/F and B/F problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:22:58 CDT 2024