Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to suppress the error message!
How to suppress the error message! [message #90227] Tue, 14 December 2004 21:15 Go to next message
Karthik
 I want to stop printing after calculations before printing in the Before-
Report trigger. I am using SRW.PROGRAM_ABORT to stop the report.

This exception stops the report execution and raises the following
error message:

REP-1419: PL/SQL program aborted.

The report is not printed (that is what I wanted) but the errormessage
is not what I wanted.

Is there a way to suppress this errormessage?
Re: How to suppress the error message! [message #90254 is a reply to message #90227] Wed, 29 December 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin
You can try returning false instead of using SRW.PROGRAM_ABORT but you will probably get error message REP-1825 instead.

Here is something else you can try.
Create a Placeholder column or a parameter to store the value of the calculation you doing in your Before Report. Add some code on the main frame of your layout.
something like this

function R_1FormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
IF :placeholder_column < 0 then
return false; -- Do not print the layout
else
return true; -- Print the layout
end if;
end;
Re: How to suppress the error message! [message #348609 is a reply to message #90254] Wed, 17 September 2008 07:23 Go to previous message
dillango
Dear All,

After getting the parameter from the user, I am checking the values in "validation trigger ". If the value is not satisfied, I am returning "false" with Error message.

Now, my requirement is,

I want to suppress the message number like 'MSG-02000' along with my original message. And also want to suppress the error message 'REP-0546 Invalid input parameter'

Previous Topic: ORA-06508 PL/SQL Could not found program unit being called.
Next Topic: recent date
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 14:48:53 CDT 2024