Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » footers in reports
footers in reports [message #90089] Sun, 24 October 2004 18:27 Go to next message
reagan amistoso
i'm trying to print a footer in the oracle reports that would print only on the last page of the report.  The report pages are dynamic so there is no way that you can determine the last page.  I cannot put  the footer on the margin since the On last page printing condition raises an invalid printing condition for the frame..The footer must be situated only on the last  2-3 inches of th last page of the report..can anyone please extend there help about this...any help is very much appreciated...

thanks!!!
Re: footers in reports [message #90090 is a reply to message #90089] Mon, 25 October 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raviranjan
hello ...

go to the property of the field and change it propeerty name -- print object on - all pages

it help you
Re: footers in reports [message #90092 is a reply to message #90089] Mon, 25 October 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Archana Musku
Hi reagan

If u want the footer only on the last page
then go to the property of the field and change it propeerty name -- print object on - last page.

regards
Archana
Re: footers in reports [message #90093 is a reply to message #90092] Tue, 26 October 2004 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reagan
thanks Archana...but this will not resolve the problem...the tricky thing about this is that the fields (which covers about 2-3 inches) must be displayed on the bottom of the last page.
As i've said, the reports is dynamic..which means, the space on the last page may vary. If ever the space in the last page may accomodate my "footer"...then it should be printed on that page..If the space isn't large enough..then it (the footer) should be printed on the bottom of the next page. (making it the only fields that can be seen on the last page).

With your suggestion, it is possible that the "footer" can be printed on the middle of the page since it would immediately printed after the last frame of the report. I tried putting the fields in the margin, but it is too large and at the same time...i can't change the print condition to last page(error occurs).

The "footer" should be printed on the bottom of the last page regardless of the space before it.

Hope you can help me with this problem..really need to finish the report before my deadline..thanks..

regards,
reagan
Re: footers in reports [message #90094 is a reply to message #90090] Tue, 26 October 2004 18:44 Go to previous message
reagan
thanks raviranjan...but this will not resolve the problem...the tricky thing about this is that the fields (which covers about 2-3 inches) must be displayed on the bottom of the last page.
As i've said, the reports is dynamic..which means, the space on the last page may vary. If ever the space in the last page may accomodate my "footer"...then it should be printed on that page..If the space isn't large enough..then it (the footer) should be printed on the bottom of the next page. (making it the only fields that can be seen on the last page).

With your suggestion, it is possible that the "footer" can be printed on the middle of the page since it would immediately printed after the last frame of the report. I tried putting the fields in the margin, but it is too large and at the same time...i can't change the print condition to last page(error occurs).

The "footer" should be printed on the bottom of the last page regardless of the space before it.

Hope you can help me with this problem..really need to finish the report before my deadline..thanks..

regards,
reagan
Previous Topic: Summary Printing in Group
Next Topic: character mode formatting problem,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:52:39 CDT 2024