Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Rep-4004 Error Message, Report Builder 6
Rep-4004 Error Message, Report Builder 6 [message #90063] Wed, 20 October 2004 08:40
John R. Williams
I created a report with the report builder and it appears to work just fine for a while. Then I have opened and close the report I can not open the report and I have found that while trying to open the report I am getting "REP-4004: Error occurred while restoring OLE object."
I have tried restarting the computer than opening the report, but no luck. It appears that once I get this error message for the report I am no longer able to open it (So I can not even recover the work I have done).
I do have an image in the report. I have tried to build the report by using a template (the template contains a image) - the template has never given an error when I have tried to open it. I have also tried to create the report and just insert the desired image (using one of the standard basic report template and then inserted my logo).
It does appear to me that the error stems from the image, but I am not 100% certain of that. The other strange thing is that it the error will occur more frequently with some report – for example: I have created about 20 reports and used the same template and about 5 of them have never received the error. Another report will get the error almost every time I close it and try to open it. I have tried changing the naming scheme but it did not seem to help.
But if anyone had an idea of how to open the document for editing, or how to fix it I would be appreciate it greatly.
Thanks!
Previous Topic: any Report GURU.
Next Topic: Error exporting a file to Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 14:24:48 CDT 2024