Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Migration from .RPT / .REX to .RDF (9i)
Migration from .RPT / .REX to .RDF (9i) [message #89894] Mon, 23 August 2004 21:32 Go to next message
Meenakshi
Hello,

I am doing migration of Forms & Reports from prior versions (3.0) to 9i. I am new to this job and request your help.

(b) Can you give me any basic steps to be followed when converting (migrating) a .RPT to Reports 9i (.RDF)? Are there any tools to do the basic conversion from character mode to GUI mode? What needs to be done to ensure complete similar functionality?

(b) I am also doing migration of .REX to .RDF (9i). A tool is doing the character to GUI conversion. What else should I do to ensure similar functionality?

We are not looking to incorporate Reports 9i features in these reports. We just want the same output as produced by .REX & .RPT.

Thanks for helping me.

Meenakshi.
Re: Migration from .RPT / .REX to .RDF (9i) [message #89900 is a reply to message #89894] Thu, 26 August 2004 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Hi,
There is a tool Called Forms Genei Developed by Sierra atlantic, Some five year back we used that tool and it will take care of all your doubts i think..
Just check these people's site(www.sierraatlantic.com)

Regards
Re: Migration from .RPT / .REX to .RDF (9i) [message #90072 is a reply to message #89894] Fri, 22 October 2004 06:51 Go to previous message
Bonissone
please mail me if you have more infromation about migration of report (rpt to rdf) question.

Thanks for helping me.

Bonissone
Previous Topic: Oracle Reports 9 or 10g Books
Next Topic: Oracle Stored Procedure in Crystal Reports gives error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:54:24 CDT 2024