Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Conditional Formatting Question
Conditional Formatting Question [message #89854] Fri, 06 August 2004 06:03 Go to next message
Steve
Hey guys -

I was curious if there is a way to change the fill color of a row from one record to the next in Reports 6i.  Suppose you have one row and the group is identified by SSN.  When the SSN changes, I want the color to shift too.  Anybody know how to do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Steve
Re: Conditional Formatting Question [message #89856 is a reply to message #89854] Fri, 06 August 2004 10:35 Go to previous message
Steve
I guess I'll rephrase, not like its going to make anyone respond anyway, but what the heck...

I want to change the fill color (possibly using the srw.set_attr built in) when the value of SSN changes in the report. To do this, I would need to write a condition in PL/SQL that goes something like the following:

When/If SSN_Field changes THEN
repeating_frame.fill_color = grey

then another statement that reads

When/If SSN_Field changes THEN
repeating_frame.fill_color = white

Other possibilities might be the use of a for each next loop in step 2 increments? I know the logic of how to do this, I just can't get PL/SQL to do it because it is a terrible language that needs massive overhauls.

Regards,
Steve
Previous Topic: How to create a List box in Parameter form
Next Topic: Printout Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 03:02:36 CDT 2024