Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports 10g with XML
Oracle Reports 10g with XML [message #89775] Thu, 22 July 2004 10:10 Go to next message
Mike (Oracle Reports newb
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a report in Reports 10g that uses XML dynamically. That is, I've managed to create a report that is like a client form that points to a specific XML file, retrieve its data, and show the report which I'm showing using .NET (so far so good).

I know that I can simply write a new XML file or overwrite the old one to change the data elements for the reports but that would kill the performance of the app (4000 users). I know that I can pass each element as a parm or simply write the record to a table (the data is currently turned into an xml stream in ASP.net from a a mainframe string).

What I would like is to find a way to pass the actual XML stream to the report object without writing a file.
Can I? How? I can't find any info(including the Oracle docs).

Any help would be great

Thanks
Mike
Re: Oracle Reports 10g with XML [message #89792 is a reply to message #89775] Mon, 26 July 2004 00:48 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
Try to base your report on Refcursor.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: Error in 6i Report submited in Application but not in Report Builder
Next Topic: subtotal every report's page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:09:07 CDT 2024