Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Error in RDF reports
Error in RDF reports [message #89763] Wed, 21 July 2004 06:07 Go to next message
Josnei
   Hi,

I have some reports that was runnig fine in iAS server A. I made a new iAS installation on server B and made a copy of all configuration files too, and made corrections in configuration files (changing server name, etc).

Almost all reports are working fine on server B, except one. I'm getting error: "REP-2147418514: Unable to retrieve a string from the Report Builder message file.".

Any Idea about this error?

tks,
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89769 is a reply to message #89763] Thu, 22 July 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Are you on Unix Server & trying to generate a PDF report?
If yes then try generating report in HTML format.

The possible reason may be that your RDF is corrupted.

To fix this follow following steps:
1 Take a backup of the report.

2 Convert the Report (RDF or JSP or any other format) to REX using command :

rwconverter batch=yes overwrite=yes stype=rdffile source= dtype=rexfile

In Reports 6i the rwcon60 should be used to create rex file.

3 Open the rex file in a Text editor like Wordpad and Search for word "FONTSIZE = 0".
If entry present for FONTSIZE = 0, convert it to a valid entry like FONTSIZE = 1000.
FONTSIZE = 0 implies that Font information is not stored correctly and it should be rectified.

Save the rex file after all modifications.

4) Convert the rex back to RDF (or any format in which report was originally present)

rwconverter batch=yes overwrite=yes stype=rexfile source= dtype=rdffile

5) Deplot this Report to Unix OS and the Report will generate PDF/RTF correctly.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89770 is a reply to message #89769] Thu, 22 July 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josnei
Sorry, I didnīt specifie my environment: I'm using SUSE linux.
I tried to use your suggestions, i'm getting the error "rwconverter: error while loading shared libraries: librw90.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". what it means?

Tks,
Josnei
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89772 is a reply to message #89770] Thu, 22 July 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
For this
1. Ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correct.
2. Manually relink Reports executables: cd $ORACLE_HOME/reports/lib make -f ins_reports.mk install.

But as I suggeted you require Report 6i coverter & not 9i.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89805 is a reply to message #89772] Thu, 29 July 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josnei
Good morning (now is 9:37 AM here in Brazil).
I discovered that this error can be related to the accentuation, therefore I obtain to emit other reports without error.
The only problem in the other reports is the accentuation, for example, the word "relacão" appears as "relaį?ao".
How I define the characters of accentuation in the reports?
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89860 is a reply to message #89769] Mon, 09 August 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teodor Ognianov
Thank You, boys... Your posts helped me to run one report... But I loose 3 days with recreating report and again and again it didn's worked.
This way with REX file and FONTSIZE works :)
Re: Error in RDF reports [message #89920 is a reply to message #89769] Fri, 03 September 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinan
Hi Himanshu,

When I came accross your posting I had been looking for an idea about how to upload or register a USER DEFINED REPORT to Oracle Applications.
Your posting game a an idea but because I'm not very experienced in Linux and Oracle applications I couln't figure it out.

server : Red Hat linux advanced server 2.1
oracle e-business suite 11i

"rwconverter", which is the program that you refered to in your posting; could you tell me where I can find this script in linux ( under what directory ? )
How does the portal know that my report is under a certain directory? and how can I define this report in the Application interface?

If you hava any idea, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Error in Conversion from .RDF to .JSP [message #127787 is a reply to message #89763] Wed, 13 July 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatanshu1982
Hi Every body!
While converting from .RDF file to .JSP file Report Editor is not opening in case of .JSP file and following error is reported:
and is not running:

"The instruction at "00x00200" referenced memory at "00x01110".
The memory could not be read"

Since both the files are exactly same so what would be the probable reason?
Re: Error in Conversion from .RDF to .JSP [message #405445 is a reply to message #127787] Wed, 27 May 2009 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
Hi,

iam getting below error. if the input field has length more that 1000 chars.othersiw its working fine.

REP-1814: Report cannot be formatted. Object 'vertically' can never fit within 'F_CF_EQUIP_DESC'.

i thought of converting rdf to rex, and tried using rwconverter,

but it says directory not found. can you please tell me the correct syntax for using rwconverter?

below given syntax is not clear:

rwconverter batch=yes overwrite=yes stype=rdffile source= dtype=rexfile 

please give a clear one.
Re: Error in Conversion from .RDF to .JSP [message #405448 is a reply to message #405445] Wed, 27 May 2009 20:54 Go to previous message
nastyjillu
i came to know how to convert to rex. in report builder, go to tools , there u will find convert to file. there u can convert.

i changed FONTSIZE=1200, where FONTSIZE was 0.

even though i was not able to solve the issue.

i found that solution in metalink, but that too didnot help.

thanks
jillu
Previous Topic: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues
Next Topic: Passing parameters to reports from forms.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:41:12 CDT 2024