Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports 6i to Excel spreadsheet
Reports 6i to Excel spreadsheet [message #89755] Sun, 18 July 2004 22:25 Go to next message
Amit Kumar
hi

I need to export a report (generated by reports 6i) to excel...(Keeping it as formaated as possible)

I can't use any third party tool like rep2exl etc..

Any idea how to acheive it  without using any third party tool..

Thax a lot
Re: Reports 6i to Excel spreadsheet [message #89773 is a reply to message #89755] Thu, 22 July 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antro
Use the following parameters at the end of the reports link, it will generate the excel file instead of pdf:

paramform=yes&destype=cache&desformat=delimited&mimetype=application/vnd.ms-excel

HTH
Antro
Re: Reports 6i to Excel spreadsheet [message #89823 is a reply to message #89755] Mon, 02 August 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthik
Its easy yaar.
I write the coding in the format trigger of that particular column, for example,

function F_company_nameFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
if upper(:desformat) = 'DELIMITED' then
excel.setcell(1,5, :company_name);
excel.setFont(1,5, 'Bold', True);
end if;
return true;
end;
Re: Reports 6i to Excel spreadsheet [message #90004 is a reply to message #89773] Tue, 28 September 2004 06:34 Go to previous message
subhasish
Hi antro, Can u please elaborate the code u have given ... I mean where and how this has to be done.. where it should be written..

U wrote

paramform=yes&destype=cache&desformat=delimited&mimetype=application/vnd.ms-excel

I am using reports6i web based where the reports are shown in pdf... can I get the report in excel format.

thanks
Previous Topic: Report calling another report
Next Topic: How to create a Fixed Width Character Mode Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:38:28 CDT 2024