Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » zero to replace null value in Report
zero to replace null value in Report [message #89751] Fri, 16 July 2004 23:16 Go to next message
Satya
hi

i want to replace zero in place of null fields.

i have used nvl(xyz,0) but still cannot generate zero on report

rather i could get zero in my sql promt

can anyone tell me where i am lacking behind

Thanks & Regards

satya
Re: zero to replace null value in Report [message #89752 is a reply to message #89751] Sat, 17 July 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atul P

Hi Satya

In theproperty palette of the fiedl there isone Parameter called "Value if Null".
Just make it to - 0 and it will be taken care off.

Atul
Re: zero to replace null value in Report [message #89753 is a reply to message #89752] Sun, 18 July 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satya
hi atul,

I did as u said and could get 0 where the value is null in database,but how will i show 0 where data retrieved is nothing.

ex: i am retrieving no. of point in 2003 and 2002 for code xyz,here there are no records registered in 2002 under xyz n its values shows r blank on report n i cannot get 0 using as u said

what is the mistake that i might have done?

guide me

Thanks & Regards
satya
Re: zero to replace null value in Report [message #89761 is a reply to message #89753] Tue, 20 July 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
There is no mistake done by you.
You cannot show 0 if no matching data exists as the repeating frame on which your Feilds are placed will nver format if you do not have any data returned by your query.

What you may do in this case is to Put Dummy feilds over the original feilds with initial value as 0.
Add format triggers to these dummy feilds so that they are visible only if the original feild is null.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: zero to replace null value in Report [message #89766 is a reply to message #89761] Wed, 21 July 2004 18:24 Go to previous message
Atul P

If you have a Matrix Report then .
If whatever point is your Value column in Matrix
the behin the matrix Frame put one dumy field with Value Zero and size (Width height ) same as your
point field.
SO wehenever your Point Field has no value then it zero will appear on its own.

If repeating frame normal report then
whatever Mr Himanshu idea is the best.

Regards
Atul p
Previous Topic: I Wish to unsubscribe to Orafaq com
Next Topic: Image Logo appearing with black rectangle in report body
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:04:53 CDT 2024