Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to get reports to read PL/SQL?
How to get reports to read PL/SQL? [message #89736] Wed, 14 July 2004 07:31 Go to next message
Steve
Hi all -

I am using Reports 6i and according to the book I'm reading (Oracle Developer: Advanced Forms and Reports), you can write any PL/SQL code block in the report triggers (eg, Before Parameter Form, After Parameter Form, etc.).  However, anytime I try to write a block that starts with a DECLARE section (after the name of the function and the datatype returned) it will NOT compile.  Too bad this book is weak on examples and doesn't explain how to write compile-able code in these triggers.  Can anyone explain how to do it?  Is there a standard that I'm missing?  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks!

Regards,

Steve
PLZ DELETE THIS THREAD [message #89738 is a reply to message #89736] Wed, 14 July 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
Hi all-

Sorry, but I finally figured it out! I can write PL/SQL blocks, woohoo! Moderators can delete this thread.

Regards,
Steve
Re: PLZ DELETE THIS THREAD [message #89758 is a reply to message #89738] Mon, 19 July 2004 21:16 Go to previous message
misbah
i also want to write pl/sql in report can u help me out.
Previous Topic: Urgent:- Oracle9i Reports.
Next Topic: currency conversions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:47:10 CDT 2024