Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Group Item
Group Item [message #89735] Wed, 14 July 2004 04:30 Go to next message
shofi
Dear friends,

How can I use a query group field in an another query group or frame as a field. Now it is giving a message 'references column at a frequency below its group'. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Re: Group Item [message #89739 is a reply to message #89735] Wed, 14 July 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
shofi -

If you scroll down through some more pages you will find my very-frustrated posts regarding "below group frequency". This happens because you are attempting to reference a value that is NOT available to that specific field (as Reports sees it).

I'm not sure how you like to build reports (with the wizard or manual) but when Reports creates those grouper and repeating frames, there is a lot going on in the background. Any fields that are in the same "group" are put in the same repeating frame, which is enclosed in a grouping frame (does M_G_GRPFFR sound familiar? those are grouping frames).

In order to work around this problem, you need to do one of the following:

1) Make sure when you create the report that all fields that are related and that you need to reference together are in the same group (you can do this in your SQL query or with the data wizard in reports - if you have a group-style report (group above, group left, matrix, etc.))

2) If it is not possible to rework the groups then you can extend the grouping and repeating frames to enclose around the field(s) you wish to include

OR

3) If you decide on step 2, be wary! This is a difficult task (especially if you are new to it) to accomplish without messing up something and wondering what happened to your layout. So, if you decide on step2 make sure you have a backup and then you can use the arrange commands to fit the fields inside the frames. You do this by selecting the field in layout mode or in the object navigator, and using the Arrange functions in the toolbar (move forward, move backward, bring to front, send to back). This approach will take some practice, so good luck!

Best Regards,
Steve

2)
Re: Group Item [message #89741 is a reply to message #89735] Wed, 14 July 2004 23:23 Go to previous message
danish_kunda@hotmail.com
Shofi,
U have to match the frequency whether u use Summary item or drag it on the frequency matching group in case of item is in the same query.if it is in the different query u use summary item(First,Sum...) Function for that purpose
Previous Topic: Procedure in Creating the parametric reports
Next Topic: Validation Subquery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:22:47 CDT 2024