Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Procedure in Creating the parametric reports
Procedure in Creating the parametric reports [message #89726] Sat, 10 July 2004 05:02 Go to next message
syed umair ali shah
hi and salam to all ... can anyone tell me the procedure of making the parametriv report ... i want to create a report on which i pass parameter as date and it will generate the report on the basis of that date and date will match in table and only that record would be print whose date is matched as parameter ...

it is urgent so do gelp me please ...

thanks in advance ...
Re: Procedure in Creating the parametric reports [message #89730 is a reply to message #89726] Mon, 12 July 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
syed -

to make a parameter in Oracle Reports 1) open your data model, 2) locate the WHERE clause and add the following syntax: :parameter_name = column_name
3) Hit OK in data model and Oracle Reports should notify you that a bind parameter was created.

note, the above will work only if you are looking for an EXACT match. If you want to allow partial entries, no entries, etc. etc. then you need a little more work. The :parameter_name is called a bind variable and requires the colon preceding it to signify as such. Hope I've helped.

Steve
Re: Procedure in Creating the parametric reports [message #89733 is a reply to message #89730] Tue, 13 July 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syed umair ali shah
thanx alot of you for helping me it saved my time in days to click of fingers ... i owe you for this ... but if u can help me how can i work with partial enteries ... i will wait man ...

thanx in advance
Re: Procedure in Creating the parametric reports [message #89737 is a reply to message #89733] Wed, 14 July 2004 07:49 Go to previous message
Steve
syed -

If you mean when the user is prompted to input a value and you want them to be able to type in only a portion of the value then this is the approach:

The Following would be a condition in the WHERE clause:

column_name LIKE :parameter_name || '%'

OR

column_name LIKE '%' || :parameter_name || '%'

The second approach will allow the user to enter ANY part of the parameter, where as the first will allow them to enter the beginning of the parameter. If you play around with them you will see what I mean. Take it easy!

Regards,
Steve
Previous Topic: Urgent:How to multiselect values from a report
Next Topic: Group Item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:36:41 CDT 2024