Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Stored Procedure in Crystal Reports gives error
Oracle Stored Procedure in Crystal Reports gives error [message #89679] Tue, 22 June 2004 20:53 Go to next message
lakshmi
hi I a calling oracle sp in crystal reports. When i select the sp as a data source i get a error wrong number or type of arguments.

I created my sp like below.

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Test_Package

AS TYPE Test_Type IS REF CURSOR RETURN Test_Table%ROWTYPE;

END Test_Package;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE Test_Procedure (

Test_Cursor IN OUT Test_Package.Test_Type,

Test_Parameter IN Test_Table.ID%TYPE)

AS

BEGIN

OPEN Test_Cursor FOR

SELECT * FROM Test_Table WHERE Test_Table.ID = Test_Parameter;

END Test_Procedure;

can anyone tell what the problem is?

thanks in advance.
Re: Oracle Stored Procedure in Crystal Reports gives error [message #89794 is a reply to message #89679] Mon, 26 July 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonardo
Solution

This error is displayed if the ODBC data source has the 'Procedure Returns Results' check box cleared.

To resolve the error:

1. On the 'Start' menu, click 'Settings' > 'Control Panel' > 'Administrative Tools' > 'Data Sources (ODBC)'.

====================
NOTE:

This is written for Windows 2000. To open the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' in different versions of Windows, consult your product documentation.
====================

2. In the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' dialog box, click the DSN then click the 'Configure' button.

3. On the 'Advanced' tab, select the 'Procedure Returns Results' check box.

4. Click 'OK' to close the 'ODBC Oracle Driver Setup' dialog box, then click 'OK' to close the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' dialog box.

The error will not display the next time the report is run.
Re: Oracle Stored Procedure in Crystal Reports gives error [message #90073 is a reply to message #89679] Fri, 22 October 2004 11:38 Go to previous message
MI
What Oracle driver do you use?
Works with Oracle native driver and with Crystal ODBC driver for Oracle (make sure to check Procedure Returns Results in Advanced tab when configuring ODBC driver).
Previous Topic: Migration from .RPT / .REX to .RDF (9i)
Next Topic: How Can We Call Parameterized Report In 9iDS.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 05:42:42 CDT 2024